Celeriac Hazelnut Truffle Soup:
- 1 large celeriac, peeled and diced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 750ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 150ml double cream
- 50g hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp truffle oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the diced celeriac to the pan and stir well to coat with the shallot and garlic mixture.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the celeriac is tender.
- Using a blender or food processor, puree the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the soup back into the saucepan and stir in the double cream. Heat gently until hot.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and drizzle with truffle oil. Sprinkle with toasted hazelnuts and serve immediately.
Enjoy this delicious and creamy soup with a touch of truffle oil and crunchy hazelnuts!